Meet Dr. Whittwell
A. Enrique Whittwell, MD, FACS, FASMBS: Committed to Surgical Excellence
While in medical school, I became intrigued by surgery and the variety of conditions that general surgeons have the ability to treat. Since the first day I began practicing medicine, I have had the opportunity to see many people’s lives improved. As a general surgeon, people trust me for more than surgery; they trust me with the opportunity for a healthier, more fulfilling life.
Dr. Whittwell is Board Certified
I also understand the importance of keeping my skills up-to-date. That is why I continually take advanced education courses, attend training seminars, and maintain membership in professional organizations. I find that meeting with my peers allows for a free flow of ideas and vital information, which further ensures that I provide the highest level of patient care and the most advanced techniques available.
A Surgeon You Can Trust
“Building a strong bond with my patients is as important to me as the surgeries I perform. I feel it is my responsibility to do more than provide surgical excellence. I strive to help you become informed about your treatment and comfortable with every aspect of your care. I believe that a positive, caring patient-doctor relationship can actually ease your discomfort and speed your recovery. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to my practice.” -Dr. Whittwell
I can’t think of a more rewarding experience than seeing my friends and neighbors smile as they walk out of my office feeling better.
- Diplomate: American Board of Surgery, American Board of Surgical Critical Care
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons (FACS), American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS)
- Board Certifications: General Surgery, Critical Care Surgery
- Medical Degree: Universidad Peruana, Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
- Internship: Universidad Peruana, Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru; Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Florida
- Residency and Fellowship: Jackson Memorial Hospital at the University of Miami
- Appointments: Medical Director, South Miami Wound Care Center